Charlottesville: Base Camp for the Blue Ridge
Charlottesville is a big little city full of growing businesses, wineries, breweries, and outdoor adventure. The population of just over 48,000 seems to be growing due to the influx of young professionals, academia, government opportunities, and just plain fun things to do. Since 2005, the number of wineries and breweries has increased almost exponentially and many of these businesses are located in Nelson County along the 151 corridor at the foot of the Blue Ridge.
There is no limit to the outdoor adventures one can have within a very short distance of Charlottesville. Some of the places to explore in and around Charlottesville include:
- Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello (https://www.monticello.org/)
- James Monroe’s Highland (https://highland.org/)
- George Washington National Forest
- Historic Downtown Mall
- University of Virginia Grounds (https://www.virginia.edu/)
- Carter Mountain Orchard (https://chilesfamilyorchards.com/orchards/carter-mountain-orchard/)
- Wintergreen Resort (https://www.wintergreenresort.com/)
- Devils Backbone Brewery (https://www.dbbrewingcompany.com/)
- Blue Mountain Brewery (https://bluemountainbrewery.com/)
- Wild Wolf Brewing Company (https://www.wildwolfbeer.com/)
- Bold Rock Hard Cider (https://boldrock.com/)
Don’t forget that more hiking trails than you could imagine are scattered in and around this popular and bustling city. In the matter of a few hours, you can be lost in adventure in the Blue Ridge Mountains while also being so close to home. There are also numerous rivers, lakes, reservoirs, and streams to help put you on the water. Charlottesville is such a great place for the outdoors person and has also learned to cater to the apres as well. Imagine a day in the mountains followed by good times at one number of local wineries and breweries.
Don’t forget…Charlottesville: Base Camp for the Blue Ridge.
Gavin Sherwood is a licensed real estate agent in Virginia. If you are interested in living in Charlottesville, Nelson County, Stoney Creek, Wintergreen, or Central Virginia, contact Gavin today at (434) 962-0226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.