Selling Your Home – What to Do!
When it comes to selling your home, SherwoodTeam wants to help you know what to do! There are going to be many people who want to view your home. They will try to envision this becoming their space and the best thing you can do is to put your best foot forward. Just remember, you only have one chance to make a great first impression!
The idea is to present an inviting, clean, and clutter-free home which welcomes potential buyers. Consistency on your part will make this an easy process to maintain. Here are some tips that should help:
- Mow lawn
- Put away lawn equipment
- Sweep walkways
- Remove branches
- Repair/clean gutters
- Clean storm door
- Stack woodpile
- Power wash siding/exterior siding
- Caulk windows (if needed)
- Check doorbell
- Clean/Paint wall scuffs
- Repair nicks/holes in drywall
- Wash/Clean windows
- Clean floors
- Clean carpet, if necessary
- Clean the fireplace
- Remove extra furniture/create open space in the rooms
- Repair problems such as loose door knobs, cracked molding, leaking taps/toilets, squeaky doors, etc.
- Clean all appliances inside and out
- Make sure all appliances operate properly
- Clean top of refrigerator
- Unclutter all counter space
- Organize items in cabinets/pantry
- Make it cozy and inviting, make buyers want to spend time there
- Clean all fixtures, toilets, shower doors/curtains, baseboards, etc.
- Replace loose caulking or grout
- Remove all rust and mildew
- Repair any leaking fixtures
Try these things when it is time to show
- Set out property profile folder with MLS data sheet, property disclosure, survey, etc.
- Open all draperies and shades
- Turn on all lights
- Make beds
- Make sure all trash is covered
- Secure all private, personal belongings
We want your place to shine. Why? Because shiny things sell!
Gavin Sherwood is a licensed real estate agent in Virginia. If you are interested in living in Charlottesville, Nelson County, Stoney Creek, Wintergreen, or Central Virginia, contact Gavin today at (434) 962-0226 or email@example.com.