Imagine having a privately owned basecamp located inside Wintergreen Resort while seeking endless adventures and fun in the central Virginia region! This can certainly be a reality for you. Property ownership at Wintergreen Resort is not as financially impossible as you may think. And the opportunities this would open up are countless due to the resort’s location among the Blue Ridge Mountains in Nelson County. Here is a list of activities you can experience with only a short drive from your basecamp at Wintergreen:
1) Hiking along the Appalachian Trail.
2) Hiking at Crabtree Falls, the highest cascading waterfall east of the Mississippi River.
3) Wintergreen Summer Music Festival and Academy which runs from July to August.
4) Learning about the environment and wildlife of the Blue Ridge Mountains from The Wintergreen Nature Foundation (TWNF).
5) Walton’s Mountain Museum, boyhood home of Earl Hamner, Jr., creator of the TV show “The Waltons”.
6) Visit any number of local breweries and wineries including Devils Backbone, Wild Wolf, Blue Mountain Brewery, Lovingston Winery, Delfosse Vineyards and Winery, Brent Manor Vineyards, Mountain Cove Winery, Veritas Vineyard and Winery, Cardinal Point Winery, Afton Mountain Vineyards, Flying Fox Vineyard, and Hill Top Berry Farm and Winery.
7) Fishing on countless streams, creeks, ponds, and lakes in Nelson County.
8) Sherando Lake in Waynesboro, VA.
All of these activities and destinations are no more than 40 minutes from Wintergreen Resort. The mountain is calling and you must go…to Wintergreen!